The Inglewood Community League’s Mission is to engage the community and support the diverse needs of our residents. When you volunteer with us, you are helping us make a difference within our community. We are always looking for volunteers to support various programs/events and appreciate any help we can get.
COVID-19 Community Outreach
COVID-19 Inglewood Community Outreach * Relaunch *
As a Community League, we are proud to be *relaunching* the COVID-19 Inglewood Community Outreach Initiative. We want to ensure everyone in our community makes it through this difficult time – healthy, happy and cared for. Our goal is to match Community Connector Volunteers with folks from our community needing 1-1 assistance in a confidential and safe manner.
1) If you need assistance, please ensure you provide us with all of your information to ensure we can connect with the right volunteer to help address your needs.
2) Those seeking assistance will be matched with a Community Connector Volunteer on a confidential 1-1 basis.
3) The information provided in this form helps us tremendously – for example matching the tasks, risk groups, and location of people.
4) If you have generously offered to assist, we will contact you personally through our Volunteer Coordinator Sarada, as the need arises.
Rink Volunteer with the Sherbrooke Community League
The Sherbrooke Community League has been happy to be able to welcome Inglewood and Prince Charles members to their rink over the last few weeks and would like to continue to provide this outdoor recreation opportunity. They are looking to extend their rink hours during the holidays to 12-9 each day, but are in need of more volunteers to do so. Volunteers require a Police Information Check including Vulnerable sector and will receive training, a Sherbrooke Rink Staff Toque and whistle.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Checking in participants
- Request if they have their membership available, provide information on how to attain one
- Review site rules with participants, posted for review
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Following facility use, spray down all surfaces with alcohol cleaner, no wipe down required (staff do deep cleaning)
- Monitor rinks
- Ensure rules are followed for physical distancing
- Ensure no more than 10 people on each ice sheet
- Facilitate rentals
- Rental equipment is free, no special cleaning required
- Rental equipment is quarantine for 72 hours between each use for COVID safety
Rink Volunteer Requirements
- Provide name for volunteer letter
- Provide copy of Police Information Check with Venerable sector completed
- Book volunteer shifts