The Inglewood Community League is seeking to contract a part-time Administrator. This position is the first point of contact for community members and hall renters. The Administrator is responsible for the rental, operation, and administration of League facilities which includes a hall, a secondary structure, parking lot, and a playground.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer telephone and email inquiries for the League.
- Greet visitors and provide facility tours.
- Manage usage including rental bookings, completing rental paperwork, collecting fees and deposits, key distribution, check-ins and post rental inspections, coordinating deliveries, and/or maintaining rental schedule. Post rentals, some light cleaning will be required.
- Notifying the cleaner when required.
- Manage facility related invoices and finances. This includes calculating and collecting rental cheques or digital payments, oversee bill payments, and rental deposit returns.
- Liaise with potential renters and conduct damage assessments.
- Oversee other contractors including the janitor, exterior and interior building maintenance personnel.
- Arrange for facility inspection reports, quotes and billings for hall maintenance as necessary.
- Track all hall use by category.
- Provide input to the Board on efficiencies for hall use and potential revenue streams.
- Prepare a written report for the Board at the end of each month.
- Work with Board policies, procedures, rates, and other governing documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with computers, Google, MS Office (Word and Excel) is required. Having previous experience with meeting or booking systems is desired.
- Property management experience will be considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will be asked to undergo a Police Information Check.
Working Conditions: The successful candidate must be comfortable working independently and interacting frequently with the public. The individual will report to the League Board of Directors through the President, but will work with others including the Board Treasurer and other contracted services (i.e. cleaning, etc.).
Hours of Work: This function requires an average of 15 hours per week including some weekend and evening hours as needed. This contract will not exceed 20 hours per week. Office hours in the main hall will be required each week. Some work hours can be a mix of in-office and at-home, with the pre-approval of League.
Compensation: Hourly rate will be $17 – $22 an hour, depending on the qualifications and experience of the applicant. To Apply: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be sent to the same email address.
Closing Date is December 12, 2019 4:00 pm.