Planning & Development

What is Zoning?

The booklet linked above is designed to give you a basic understanding of what zoning is, and how it shapes your neighbourhood and city. We hope that this knowledge will help you participate in land use decisions around you.

Zoning Bylaw 12800

The Zoning Bylaw contains the rules and regulations for the development of land in the City of Edmonton. For the purpose of land development, the City of Edmonton is divided into zones. The zone that a particular property is located in determines what can be built on that property.

West Ingle Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP)

The West Ingle Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) is a forward-looking document that helps to guide growth and change in Westmount and Inglewood. All new development must conform to the ARP unless the development has an amendment approved by City Council.

Planning Applications for Inglewood

Developments that require re-zoning or amendments to the West ingle ARP, must go before City Council. These developments must provide planning applications to the City with their proposed changes to land use. All received applications by the City are displayed in the link above.

How to Respond to a Land Development Application

The booklet linked above provides guidance to residents interested in responding to planning applications in their community. It aims to give residents a better understanding of when and why city planners ask for feedback and how you can effectively share your thoughts with the right people.

Communications and Engagement Calendar

 The Communications and Engagement calendar provides the dates and locations of upcoming City engagements, information sessions, and public hearings. All land development planning applications that go before City Council will be displayed in the calendar.