Last updated: 2020-04-03 The following information has been collated by the Inglewood Community League for your convenience. Keep in mind this information can change quickly. Developers and residents are encouraged to stay informed and frequently check information related to government announcements and special initiatives.
Public Engagement, Committee Meetings and Public Hearings
- All Council and Committee meetings have been cancelled until April 27th, with one meeting to occur on March 30
- All in person engagement events have been cancelled, but opportunities to submit feedback online on city-wide issues.
- While City Hall is closed to the public, our Ward Councillor is still available by email
Development Services and Development Notifications
- The development services office is now closed to the public, with staff now working from home, please visit their website for alternate service options while the service centre is closed.
- No city staff in this department will take in person meetings, but they are still available by email to answer questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development notices and consultation notices will still be mailed to neighbouring properties and Community Leagues as normal
- A file manager will be listed on development notices as usual and residents can telephone or email them with questions, comments and concerns
- Current planning applications in our neighbourhood and file manager contact info can be found here:
Subdivision and Appeal Board (SDAB)
- SDAB is offering alternate arrangements to in person hearings
- If residents have a hearing that is scheduled will be contacted by SDAB directly
Construction and Inspections
- Some construction sites may still be active and for now, this remains at the discretion of the builder
- Inspections of unoccupied residential and commercial construction sites will continue as usual
- Inspections of occupied residential developments will only be conducted as required for exterior inspections or interruptions to utility services (e.g. power, water, natural gas) or pending occupancy (e.g. secondary suite)
- Inspections will not be permitted on any site where anyone has been asked to self-isolate, is showing cold or flu symptoms, or has returned to Canada from outside the country since March 12 and has not yet completed the 14-day self isolation period
- If residents have concerns about construction in our neighbourhood, please call 311 (open 7am-7pm except on statutory holidays)