The Anirniq Ward Candidates’ Forum for this fall’s municipal election is only 8 days away!
Community members have supplied us with some good questions to put to the five candidates running in our ward:
Join us on September 28 at 7:30 to find out which candidates provide the answers that make sense to you!
You and your community members can participate in 3 ways:
1. You are welcome to attend our small in-person event at Woodcroft Community Hall, 13915 115 Ave NW, on the night of the event. To sign up for our studio audience, visit this link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/167381575799/ (please see further notes below)
2. You can watch the event livestreamed over YouTube by going to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfj20DzU8A0
3. You can watch the recording of the event after September 28 by visiting the same YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfj20DzU8A0
In Person Attendance:
We are having an in-studio audience. You are invited to sign up on Eventbrite if you want to attend in person. An in-person audience provides encouragement for the candidates and creates an atmosphere that is responsive and dynamic. Plus: you can enhance your position as one of the cool people in your neighbourhood by saying that you were at the first ever Anirniq candidates’ forum.
However, new Alberta Public Health Guidelines will be in place for this event. This means:
All attendees over the age of 12, including candidates, volunteers, and guests will need to either:
• Provide physical proof in the form of a paper or digital vaccine record that they have had at least 1 approved COVID-19 vaccine injection on or before September 14 (14 days prior to the Forum) and, if 18 or older, provide photo ID that matches the name of the vaccination record, or
• Provide physical proof in the form of a written or printed copy of a report that they have obtained a privately-paid, Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR test within 72 hours prior to the Forum event and this test must show a negative result. (https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx)
Alberta’s version of vaccine passports or negative COVID tests will be screened at the door prior to gaining admission.
All attendees will need to be masked while indoors during the entire event (with the exception of candidates while they are answering a question and are socially distanced from other candidates and other people). Please bring a comfortable mask to wear through the event.
Food or drink will not be allowed indoors during the event. We hope you can join us!