Ride to victory for your community league
INGLEWOOD: HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Inglewood community members (kids included!) are invited to track their cycling and pool their kilometres with their neighbours on Strava. Download the Strava App to your mobile device and search for the club “Inglewood United” to join.
HOW TO JOIN THE INGLEWOOD UNITED TEAM IF USING YOUR SMART PHONE:
1. Download the Strava app and make a personal account.
2. From the Home screen, click “Groups” in the bottom menu.
3. From the Groups screen, you’ll see a top menu bar listing “Active”, “Challenges”, and “Clubs”. Click “Clubs”.
4. A search bar will appear to find a club. Search “Inglewood United”.
5. Join the Inglewood United club! 6. Record your bike rides to automatically contribute your km’s to the Inglewood team! If you forget to record a ride, manually enter your mileage in by clicking the “+” (top right corner on the Home screen) and selecting “Manual Activity”.
HOW TO JOIN THE INGLEWOOD UNITED TEAM IF USING YOUR COMPUTER:
1. Create an account and log in.
2. From the Home page, there is a search tool in the top left corner (next to the Strava logo).
3. Click the search tool, and select “Clubs” from the drop down menu next to the search bar.
4. Search “Inglewood United”, the name will appear as you type it in. Click on the club to join!
5. Manually enter your bike rides by clicking the “+” in the top right corner of your Profile screen and selecting “Add Manual Entry”. Your rides will then be contributed to the Inglewood team total km’s!
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR BIKE RIDES IF YOU DON’T WISH TO USE STRAVA:
Email your WEEKLY TOTALS BY SUNDAY MORNING every week to email@example.com.
Kids are welcome to participate so keep track of their km’s as well!
Inglewood United Club link: https://www.strava.com/clubs/844553?oq=ingle
TIPS and TRICKS
1) You can MANUALLY input activities into Strava even if you track your distance with a different device, just look for the plus sign [+].
- On mobile, this is found on the “Feed” screen.
- On a computer, go to the Strava website, set up or sign in to your Strava account and choose the “Training” dropdown menu. Select “Activities” and find the plus symbol [+] in the top right corner by your profile picture.)
2) For those without access to the Strava app: submit your total distance (in kilometres) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) If you take your family out for a ride, your children’s distance counts as well! So if your family of four takes a four-kilometre spin, you can report 16 km total!
Participate in the ParticipACTION Community Better Challenge by downloading the free ParticipACTION app and tracking all kinds of physical activity. It’s part of a nation-wide search for Canada’s Most Active Community. Now, more than ever, physical activity and sport participation is important to help us stay healthy in mind, body, and community spirit.
For tips and tricks on how to protect your bike from theft, visit: https://www.ritchie-league.com/protect-your-bike