Our annual neighbourhood Clean-Up will be done with social distancing in mind as a choose-your-own-adventure! From now until May 18th, residents are encouraged to pick up litter independently in their own areas of the neighbourhood.
You don’t have supplies, we can deliver a limited number of clean up kits to your doorsteps, or you can request one directly from the City of Edmonton by calling 311. To participate, first read the City of Edmonton guidelines and contact email@example.com to request a clean up kit delivery!
Keep these precautions in mind when picking up litter and trash in the neighbourhood:
- Wear gloves
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water or hand sanitizer
- Disinfect the litter grabber or any other tool used before and after use, and store it in a safe location
- Secure and dispose of all litter and garbage bags in appropriate disposal locations
- Report needles, graffiti or other hazardous litter by calling 311
Trashy Photo Contest
Share a photo of yourself picking up trash, and you will be entered into a draw to win a piece of original artwork from a local Inglewood artist!
To enter the contest,
- take a photo of yourself or your family picking up trash in the neighbourhood between now and Monday May 18.
- Post to Instagram or Facebook, and tag #inglewoodcl, or email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be contacted at the conclusion of the contest. Good luck and keep Inglewood beautiful!