On Tuesday, October 2 from 5:00 – 8:30 p.m. Building Great Neighbourhoods is hosting a drop-in engagement event at the Winnifred Stewart Association (11130 131 Street NW) for projects that impact Inglewood or the surrounding area. In addition to the Inglewood Neighbourhood Renewal project, there will also be a number of other project teams in attendance to share information or seek input.
For the Neighbourhood Renewal project, this event will be an opportunity for the public to explore and provide feedback on the draft concepts for the neighbourhood, including:
- walkways and connectivity
- bike routes and infrastructure
- traffic calming measures
- ideas to enhance public parks and green spaces
- opportunities to reflect Inglewood’s identity and character
We will also be looking to understand the community’s priorities for the neighbourhood. Collectively, this information will help us refine the concepts and inform the preliminary designs, which will also be shared with the public for feedback later in the project.
As with our past Inglewood events, we have worked with other projects that impact the neighbourhood to present a coordinated engagement opportunity for the public to share their feedback as conveniently as possible:
- The Neighbourhood Revitalization project team will be present to share information about when they will begin working in Inglewood and to hear the public’s thoughts on how Revitalization can support them in making their neighbourhood more safe, connected, active and vibrant through a focus on the social elements of the area
- The 124 Street project team will be present to learn from the public about the challenges and opportunities on the street, to inform its future renewal (from 111 Ave to 118 Ave)
- The Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion project team will be present to seek input that will help inform design considerations for various projects within the Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion Program, as well as the development of future communications and engagement plans