Draft distributed for comment on March7, 2017. A revised draft was distributed on March 13, 2017 in response to comments from the board.
- Members-Include those individuals and families who have signed up for a membership with the Inglewood Community League by completing a form and paying any required membership fee. Forms can be submitted through either the League or any designated board member(s) of the League tasked with managing the membership of the League, or by completing an online application through the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (www.efcl.org) website.
- Interested Persons-Include those individuals and representatives of groups, agencies or corporations who are either ineligible to be members or who have chosen not to be members but who are interested in being informed of the programs and events of the League and have shared their contact or other personal identifiable information for this purpose.
- The expectations of privacy under the provisions of this policy only apply to members and interested individuals who are not also–or have not also been–board members, committee members, volunteers or paid employees of the League. *
- The Inglewood Community League will solicit personal information from residents of the Inglewood Community and other interested persons solely for the purpose of contacting and informing them of upcoming neighbourhood events and issues of concern or interest to significant numbers of neighbourhood residents.
- The League will not sell or share its contact list with any other organization and it will safeguard personal information by controlling internal access to this contact information.
- Only volunteers and board members who need access to personal information of members or other individuals will have access to these databases.
- Volunteers and board members with access to the personal information of members or interested individuals will:
- Agree not to store this information on their own computers or devices or on any cloud account or device;
- Agree not to use this information for any purpose not approved or sanctioned by the League’s board;
- Agree to return, delete, or destroy any copies of personally identifiable information of the League’s members, former members, or other individuals who have shared their information with the League upon their resignation, termination of expiration of their position or title.
- Normally, the League maintains membership records for two years past a member’s last active year of membership.
- Members are free to request that the League delete his or her personal information at any time, with the understanding that the League will no longer be able to inform the member of issues of concern to the general community.
- Requests can be made by emailing the League at the address listed on the “Contact Us” page of the website.
- Where a member or interested individual is also a member of the board of the League or has some other volunteer or paid role with the League, it is reasonable to allow their contact information to be personally stored by other board members, volunteers and staff with whom they need to work and possibly be shared with the public or other external organizations and entities for the purpose of supporting the work of the League.
The Inglewood Community League solicits personal information from residents of the Inglewood Community and other interested persons for the purpose of contacting and informing them of upcoming neighbourhood events and issues of concern or interest to significant numbers of neighbourhood residents.
We do not sell or share our contact list with any other organization and we safeguard your personal information by controlling internal access to your contact information. Normally, we maintain membership records for two years past your last active year of membership. You are of course free to request that we delete your personal information at any time, with the understanding that we will no longer be able to inform you of issues of concern to the general community. Requests can be made by emailing the League at the address listed on the “Contact Us” page.